Sunday, November 05, 2006

This Sunday: Success!!!!

I found a delightful place of worship, First Baptist, which is a megachurch not a far drive from here. They sang good, old traditional hymns, a modern chorus and what we like to fondly call a "Tommy song," taught to us by one of our all-time favorite pastors in Indiana, Tommy Paino, who died of Lou Gehrig's disease. Anyway, he taught us "All Hail King Jesus, All Hail Emmanuel, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Bright Morning Star. And throughout eternity, I'll sing His praises, And I'll reign with Him throughout eternity."

Afterward I went to Wal-Mart and then a fancy restaurant, Commander's Palace, but the wait was an hour, so I'll make reservations next time. Plan B was etoufee at Popeye's chicken. Surprisingly, they have a number of authentic New Orleans Cajun dishes that are quite tasty and inexpensive. Here's part of the church's website:

No comments: